Few things usher in spring like baseball. Today, our friends over at Out of the Park Developments have officially released Out of the Park Baseball 20. Out of the Park Baseball 20 is the latest in the twenty-year line of baseball strategy games, and it looks to continue the stellar run of fantastic titles in the series. The team at Out of the Park Developments have steadily improved the game year in and year out. The official press release gives us a look at this year’s features.
Out of the Park Baseball 20 includes:
- For the first time ever – integrated live services all season long! Start a new MLB game any day during the regular season and Postseason with up-to-date rosters, standings, stats and player ratings, or to update player ratings in your current game based on their current performances.
- All new motion-capture-powered 3D animations, driving a supercharged in-game experience
- Ultra-modern baseball strategies, including ‘openers’ and ‘followers’ as today’s game continues to evolve – plus advanced in-game smarts to counteract these moves!
- Improved AI for trades, scouting, contracts, roster-building, and player evaluation
- Upgraded prospect and minor league ratings, thanks to the biggest and most hands-on roster evaluation team yet!
- 2019 roster sets with all Opening Day MLB rosters, as well as the complete minor league system from Triple-A to rookie leagues as well as the Arizona Fall League. All major league (and over a thousand minor league) player ratings will be based on the popular ZiPS player projection system.
- 12 international leagues, as well as several independent minor leagues in the US and internationally, with accurate rosters
- Perfect Team mode 2.0, the next generation of the wildly popular online competitive mode – including all-new tournaments, hundreds of more cards, collection missions, upgraded auction house, additional league levels, and new content release every week all year long!
- Many more improvements, all built upon the incredibly deep award-winning Out of the Park Baseball engine that has accurately simulated the World Series winner the past two seasons on MLB Network and produced deep simulations for FiveThirtyEight.com!
We will have much more coverage of Out of the Park Baseball 20, including a full review very soon. Check out the launch trailer below.