Have you found yourself bummed that you cannot make it out to all of the amazing conventions that take place throughout the year? Wizard World has whipped up a brand new fix for you that will bring the conventions right to your favorite viewing device.
Today they launched CONtv, a new station for fan-centric films, TV episodes, brand new original programming, comic con panels, and much more. The best part about it? This is an online only station meaning you don’t have to worry about having cable to get in on the fun.
The service does feature free and VIP accounts, with the VIP accounts granting you additional bonuses, an ad free experience, and special bonuses and perks when you attend Wizard World Comic Cons.
You can check out the action on CONtv.com or download the CONTV app for iOS, Android, and further platforms down the line.
Check out the full press release below for all the information on what you can expect.
CONtv Launches With Over 2,500 Fan-Centric Films, TV Episodes, Exclusive Original Programming, Comic Con Panels And More!
No Badge? No Problem! Need Your Fan Fix? CONtv is now available! No Cable Required!
(Los Angeles, CA) March 3, 2014 – A revolution in fandom begins! Today marks the preview release of CONtv , the multi-platform digital streaming network available on iOS, Android and the web. CONtv gives Comic Con fans the immediate power to view thousands of hours of premium, fan-centric programming from their connected, mobile and preferred viewing devices. Both free and VIP accounts are available at CONtv.com, with CONtv VIP subscription packages providing the ultimate ad-free fan experience, access to exclusive content, first look and perks at Wizard World Comic Cons, including reserved seating and discounts. Download the CONtv app at the app store on iTunes, the Google Play store, and coming soon to Samsung and other platforms.
In addition to a huge offering of over 2,500 fan-centric, curated films and TV episodes, CONtv offers all-access to pop culture conventions nationwide anytime, anywhere, showcasing exclusive events, panels and talent from Comic Cons, including:
· Ongoing event coverage with exclusive series “Live @ the Con,” and “All Access Pass,” allowing fans to get up close to the action with celebrity panels featuring industry icons like William Shatner (“Star Trek”), Michael Rooker (“The Walking Dead”), and Bruce Campbell (The Evil Dead), one-on-one spotlights with pop culture heroes like Lou Ferrigno (“The Incredible Hulk”) and Manu Bennett (“Arrow”), artist and creator workshops with top-notch professionals like Joel Adams (“King of the Hill”) and Tom Hodges (“Star Wars: The Clone Wars”), and expert Q&A’s with fan favorite talent like Sara Underwood (“Attack of the Show!”).
· After-hour fan events like the “Drink & Draw” where professional and amateur creators go head-to-head in drawing and writing competitions and “Cosplay LIVE,” where local and National Cosplayers compete for the best cosplay of the con. Planning a trip to the next con? “CON City,” dives into local culture with nightlife, geek culture, and unique offerings that makes each Comic Con distinct.
· CONtv also boasts an expansive portfolio of acquired film and television content spanning cult television, sci-fi, horror and fantasy films, grindhouse classics, thrilling martial arts adventures, and much more.
A dynamic, interactive initiative bred from within the Comic Con fanspace, CONtv will debut new titles and programming on a weekly basis. The programming will evolve to meet viewer demands and the service will continue to grow as viewership data sheds light on fan preferences.
In the coming weeks, CONtv will debut the following original programming:
· On March 9th, fans will find full vindication for their hours of binge viewing with host and horror icon Bruce Campbell’s new pop-culture trivia game show “Last Fan Standing.” New episodes will release Mondays throughout the spring.
· On March 22nd, all 11 episodes of “Fight of the Living Dead”, the highly anticipated, genre-bending horror/reality series that follows top YouTube celebrities as they struggle to “survive” in a simulated zombie apocalypse, will release exclusively on CONtv.
· The explosive action continues into April with “My Morphing Life,” the pulse-pounding series that centers on the insane real-life adventures of original Green Power Ranger, Jason David Frank.
CONtv is a joint venture created by Wizard World (OTCBB:WIZD) and Cinedigm (NASDAQ:CIDM).
Visit CONtv.com for more details!